Sunday, January 20, 2008

A Very Wild Week............

Morning everyone!!!!!

The past week has been very strange. Not sure I need any more weeks like this - way too stressful for me, lol.

The week started out OK but went downhill about mid-week. My BG reading had been doing great but then started to go up and come to find out that it's true - everything effects them! Here's what happened:

Wednesday I passed my usual gas station and saw that gas prices were down to $2.81, which is low here, and thought - gotta fill up on the way home - so I stopped and did just that, spending a quick $25. As I left the station I noticed that the car hesitated, but then seemed to run fine. It did it again a couple more times and then I was home and I parked. The next day, I went to start the car - and NOTHING - it turned over and then died. So I called road service and they towed the car to the dealership where we get it serviced - after a 2 1/2 hour wait - more stress, lol. They kept the car overnight - removed the gas tank, drained the fuel lines and then told me that the fuel in the tank smelled more like water and ethanol then gasoline. The total cost for this was $310!!!

On Friday after I got home, I called the gas station and told them what had happened and they said that someone would be in touch. Well, I waited all day to hear from someone and when I didn't, I figured that they had just given me the run around. But Saturday morning I heard from the Company which runs the station and found out that at least 7 - 8 others had had the same thing happen and they said that they would cover everything including the gas lost and the gas I bought to replace it and the dealership bill. While I will feel better about this once I have a check in hand, it does sort of restore my faith in people. so I guess it did end well. Now to get things back to normal and reduce the stress levels a bit, lol.

On the crafting front things were sort of at a standstill this week, although I have decided to open a store on Etsy - just not sure when I will do that. Stay tuned and will post more news here soon. I need to do some research and see how things are doing and what's selling before I do much more. I did go through some patterns last night and pulled some of them to start on. I'm looking forward to this and maybe some Ebay in the Fall.

Today the temp is 12 and it's way to cold out but at least this isn't making any more stress for me - I'll just stay in and do some things around the house. Hope it's a bit warmer where you're at and that you all have a great day......................

Hugs, Donna D.

No comments: