Wednesday, January 2, 2008

A New Start for a New Year.................

It's a new year and a new start for 'the Old Crow'. I've recently retired from driving team with my hubby , due to being diagnosted with Type 2 diabetes, and I'm ready for a new start.

Things have been interesting lately, what with learning how to cook and shop for food all over again - to say nothing of learning to deal with measuring and weighing everything I eat or drink - but if it helps me get things under control, I guess its a good thing. Not sure I'll ever get used to pricking my finger several times a day but its necessary to getting this under control. Just have to remember to keep rotating those fingers, lol.

I'm looking forward to getting back into crafting again - I'm sure it will help me take my mind off of things and help me handle stress. I've missed sewing and stitching and have so many things I want to make that it won't be a problem finding something to make. I've even taking up crocheting again, after not doing it for over 20 years and found that it came back to me like I'd never stopped. There are so many new yarns out there, its hard to decide which ones to pick. It's been so snowy here the past few days that it won't be a problem to stay inside and craft - just need to decide what to do, lol. I'm sure that there are a lot of new things out there in the 'prim' craft world and I'm looking forward to seeking them out..........

Till next time......Hugs, the Old Crow

1 comment:

Donna said...

How fun that you started a new blog! I am so glad that you are now safely off the road and have achieved "retirement" status! I sure have missed you, my friend, and I look forward to reading all about your new adventures.