Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Morning everyone!!!!!!!!

We have been having the craziest weather up here in Michigan - its been around 60 the past couple of days , with lots of rain (even some thunder and lightening) and couple of tornado warnings and today its back to the 30's and going to get colder over the next weekend with some snow flurries - guess we just hd our 'January Thaw'. We had a couple of really loud thunder claps last night - one so loud that a shelf fell down and my poor cat jumped up about 3 feet in the air and then ran under the bed and didn't come out till I went to bed - he must have thought that the world was ending, lol. Today we also have 40 - 50 mph winds and sunshine, so that will dry things up a bit. Personally, I wouldn't have minded if it had stayed at 60 for the rest of the winter, lol.

It looks like changing my medicine was a good choice because my BG's have been alot lower in the mornings and have been good all day long. I'm still getting used to them being this low but overall I do feel better. Now if I can just get some more weight off, I will be really happy. I'm down about 15 pounds and would like to take off about 50 more - I'm aiming for 1 -2 lbs. a week and I'm going to up the exercise starting next week and see if that helps. Overall, I'm happy with how things are this week and hope to keep them like this - I feel so much better.

My craft room is almost all organized - I can actually find things, lol. The only thing left is the closet and I'll get to that this weekend. I was going to work on it today but with the sun shining I've decided to go and visit a couple of thrift shops in the area - haven't gone 'thrifting' in a while and it looks to be a good day for it.

I started the afghan for my daughter a dn while there are only a few rows done, it looks really good. I only hope that she doesn't figure out that its for her and that I can keep it a surprise. the colors aren't really what I normlly like, so if she asks I'm going to say it's for fall because there are alot of fall colors in it. When DH gets home again, I'll get the digital and post some pics - hopefully I will be able to figure out how to post them on here.

Thanks for stopping in and do leave comments - I like to know what you think of things....

Hugs, Donna D.

3 comments:

The Gathering Room said...

So happy to hear the medicine is helping and you can make healthy changes in your lifestyle! With elevated blood sugars, you can really feel tired...you will experience new energy!
how us a picture of that aphagan when you get done Donna...one thing about them..as you make them during the winter time, !!I too am ready for Spring!

Donna said...

Way to go on the weight loss! You'll feel even better when you get on a regular exercise routine. I'll cheer you on this year, OK?

The Gathering Room said...

Ok Donna... can do it!!