Thursday, April 17, 2008

How about a little 'Vintage Vavoom' in your life?????

Along with the pincushion book that I reviewed on Tuesday, I also purchased two other books and I want to talk about one of those today - "Vintage Vavoom", from the Editors of Romantic Homes magazine. This book covers things like how to create the look, how to recognize quality items, where to find vintage pieces, how to use color, how to combine contrasting elements, ways to feature YOUR style, ways to personalize your style and how to care for vintage pieces. this is a great book for the pictures alone and there is a lot of useful info here as well. Here is a picture of the front cover - love the color of these dishes:
Here is a picture showing how to display various different vintage linens together - there are lots of ideas for linens and how to use them:
And here is a picture of some wonderful green glass in a Hoosier cabinet - this looks so great together:
And for those of us who love the shabby cottage, look there are plenty of pictures like this one. Doesn't this just shout SHABBY?

This shows a couple of different shop displays and howyou can use them for inspiration in your own displays at home:
All in all - I would say this is a great book and worth every penny. There are some really wonderful ideas on how to use vintage items in crafting and how to display them in some unique ways. A good book for ideas and for inspiration - one can never have too many books like this............

Hugs, Donna D.

6 comments:

Helena said...

Hi,
That looks like a beautiful book! I may have to add it to my book collection.
I love your blog and will visit again soon:)

Donna said...

That's another book for me to consider! Love that green glass in the Hoosier cabinet!

The Gathering Room said...

My favorite decorating style..using vintage in arrangements..old along with the new..looks to be a great book!

Old Crow said...

Thank you all for your nice comments - I love sharing these books with you and will be looking for more to share........

Hugs, Donna D.

Stacey said...

OH! Thank you so much for the eye candy!!! I'm loving it all. I just got Victoria magazine and thought I was in heaven, now I have something else I just gotta have!

Blondie ~ Vintage Primitives said...

Hey kiddo
I think I may have to get this book!
Thanks for sharing. . .
Blondie