Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Feeding my Addiction.................

For several years now I have been addicted to pincushions or makedos - both making them and collecting them. Not too long ago I was reading one of my craft magazines ( I buy way too many of those, but that is another addiction altogether, lol) and they had a book review of a new book about pincushions - got to get that one, I said to myself. Here it is - I want to share it with you and encourage you to get it if like me, you LOVE pincushions, cause it's a great little book.

Its published by Lark books and you can get it at Barnes and Nobles or Amazon.com on the web.

Here is a pic of the left inside cover - don't ya love those strawberries?

And here's the inside of the cover on the right side - isn't that the cutest little Hedgehog????

Next we have a wonderful little mousie - my cat would love to play with this...........

Now that Spring is here (well almost here), this little wrist pincushion should brighten up your day and bring some Spring inside..........
And here's a use for all those caning jar lids you no longer use........

And finally, some old-fashioned barrel-shaped pincushions. I can see these made out of some felted wools and embellished for every season. Or perhaps some silk or velvet with embroidered roses on them........

Hope this has inspired you to go and make a pincushion and if you need o want inspiration, I highly recommend this book. As soon as I get some of them done, I'll share some pics with you and if you make any, I hope you'll share a pic or two with us...........

Hugs, Donna D.

5 comments:

Donna said...

OMG, I have been reading some about that book, but had never seen any of the inside pages! Those pincushions are adorable! Yep, got to go get that book for myself. Love, love, love pincushions!

Old Crow said...

Isn't it great - I'm so glad I bought it. I'm going to work on one of them this weekend and will post a pic when I get it made.....

Hugs, Donna D.

Rock River Stitches said...

Donna, Those look like some really cute pin cushions! Love the little mouse and the hedge hog. I might have to get that book for some inspriation!

Tammy

The Gathering Room said...

yes..the strawberries are adorable.love them all..I have been seeing some older pin cushions at antique booths lately and could easily get addicted myself...making them fun too...thanks for sharing!

Anonymous said...

Ah, I have that book and it is yummy, no?? I need to play with some of those! I hate to complain about having a job these days, but it does cut into my sewing time. ;)